Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Is there such a thing as being too magical?"~ Dallas Clayton


Just before I started my blog I heard about a writer named Dallas Clayton. I wrote a note about him on my FB page but I just realized that it probably didn't reach many people....I thought I'd repost some of my favorite things on here instead. Check him out and enjoy!


DON’T PRACTICE
I urge you think less
about the words you choose for your songs.
It is taking too much time.
Time you could be spending
high up on a bridge
late at night
with your legs slung over the side
writing bad graffiti
unknowingly risking your life
to tell people something
that most of them can’t even read
and even fewer can understand.






EPIC BALLAD

A powerful song
is onethat makes me remember
something
that never actually happened to me.


IMPACT

Sometimes people love music so much
they burn churches
buy guns
and shoot down strangers.
Other times people love music so much
they sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment