I want to preface this by saying that I actually had a really great night at work. Great tables, great people and great money....sometimes you just need to vent. I work as a server (or waitress, if you want to be less politically correct) and there are a few things that really grind my gears.
- When I ask you if there is anything else that you need and you ask for ketchup....fine. When I return to your table and you ask for salt...*sigh* fine. When I return to your table and you ask for A1 sauce...WHY DON'T YOU ASK FOR EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE?
- When I ask if you want cream and/or sugar for your coffee and you say 'No'. Then you return to the table with your coffee and you look at me like I'm a moron and say "Cream and sugar?"
- When you interrupt me while I am telling you about the menu to ask questions about the menu....be patient.
- When I am trying to deliver your food and don't move your bread plate....then you just look at me...slack jawed.
- When you make fun of my accent in the first 60 seconds....especially when you want something from me....i.e. "We really like the bread, okay?" "I'll bring your bread out post-haste." "You'll bring it what?" "Out." "Oooout? Ha ha ha. Say oooout and abooooout!" "Uh, no. And you can wait for your bread."