Sunday, March 1, 2009

“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family”

I love my family. If there was a word stronger than love I would use it to describe how I feel about my family. For a while now I have been trying to figure out how to design a tattoo that would truly express my love for my family. After looking a pictures of other people's tattoos and researching other ideas I came up with the idea of a quote and these are some of the one that struck a chord with me.
  • "Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted." ~Paul Pearshall

  • "The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family." ~Lee Iacocca

  • "In every conceivable manner, the family is the link to our past, bridge to our future."

  • "A son is a son until he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life."

  • "If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance."-George Bernard Shaw

  • "The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."~Thomas Jefferson

  • "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."~Desmond Tutu

  • "In time of test, family is best."~Burmese Proverb

However, in the end, I have decided that the best quote and most fitting quote I found was...."other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

Tattoo shop...here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment