Sunday, March 1, 2009

"When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." ~Miss Piggy

All of my life I have looked up to one celebrity. She is strong, she is beautiful, she is talented and she is in love with a Frog. Yes, ladies and gentlemen...I ADORE Miss Piggy.
"She wants everyone to treat her like a lady, and if they don't, she'll cut them in half." ~Frank Oz
Growing up I watched 'The Muppet Show', 'Muppet Babies', 'Muppet's Take Manhattan', 'A Muppet Christmas Carol' and 'The Muppet Movie' over and over again and I was constantly drawn to the strength and beauty of her character. She knew exactly what she wanted (Kermit and fame, but not necessarily in that order) and she went for it. She wasn't afraid to lie, cheat and, more often than not, 'HI-YAH!' to get what she wanted.
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”~Miss Piggy

I also admired Miss Piggy's confidence. She was blissfully unaware that she is not traditionally beautiful but she works what God has given her. And when she worked it, she worked it for one Frog only...in my opinion, Miss Piggy and Kermit are one of the worlds most incredible power couples. Put together they could host any show, do countless charitable works and (if Miss Piggy got her way) have just as many kids as Brad and Angelina. Miss Piggy adores her Frog and her Frog...well, I wouldn't say that he adores her but he is certianly isn't immune to her charming persistence (a trait that I believe that I also possess).
“Only time can heal your broken heart just as only time can heal his arms and legs”~Miss Piggy

All, in all, I believe that Miss Piggy is the perfect woman...er, uh....pig lady? Regardless of her species she is talented, persistent, strong, ambitious, intelligent, beautiful and a hopeless romantic. I will continue to emulate her and will hopefully make a name and a place for myself just as she has....I just hope I can find my Kermit.


"In one rehearsal, I was working as Miss Piggy with Jim, who was doing Kermit, and the script called for her to slap him. Instead of a slap, I gave him a funny karate hit. Suddenly, that hit crystallized her character for me -- the coyness hiding the aggression; the conflict of that love with her desire for a career; her hunger for a glamour image; her tremendous out-and-out ego -- all those things are great fun to explore in a character."~ Frank Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment