Thursday, May 14, 2009

“'Tis healthy to be sick sometimes.”

What is it about being sick that makes you want your mother so badly?

I didn't have a 'stay-at-home' mom when I was a kid (don't worry about me, I'm fine with it) and yet I still long for my Momma when I have the sniffles?
Weird.

Especially because my only memory of staying home from school when I was sick is of sitting in bed with my Dad and 'testing out' the bell they gave me to use if I needed anything...a power which I'm pretty sure I abused.

I don't remember being given chicken soup or force fed O.J. and yet that is what you automatically do when you're sick.

Is it all power of suggestion by the power of media and pop culture? I mean, I'm sure these things are good for you but how much can they actually do for you when you're already sick?

Meh. I hate being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment