Tuesday, May 12, 2009

“A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning.”

Some people love the rain.

I am not one of those people.


Wait. Let me rephrase. I know that rain is necessary and at times it can even be beautiful however, when a rain storm is so violent that it triggers the fire alarm in your building..that's not cute.

There is something really frightening about the rain, especially down here. Snow, although it can be quite treacherous on the roads, always seems quite peaceful and serene. Down here the rain blinds you while you drive, it raps violently against the window, it destroys trees and dents cars and cuts off the electricity...it's scary. I have never been one of those people who sit on their front porch 'listening to the rain'..well, I did it once...for a boy...it was lame. I would much rather hide in my bed and wait for the 'rain, rain to go away'.

Or, alternatively, go to Panera Bread, use their internet and wait for your alarm to be shut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment