Monday, February 2, 2009

Someone once told me...


....that I was a cupcake with pink icing and sprinkles. I hope that they were right. I would love for people to put me in the same category as something so adorable and delicious.
Today when I was at work I had a revelation...and I cannot remember what it was! It was this brilliant revelation about serving and servers...and I was going to write it on my arm so that when I got home I could blog about it...I think that half of me still expects it to come to me while I write these words....but...nothing...eff. It was really profound. I promise you.
But I digress, I found out today that I got accepted to two of the colleges that I have applied to. I am really looking forward to going back to school (especially for something that I know nothing about) because I really like learning. Perhaps that's why I keep going back to school. I am not exactly sure how I feel about being a 'mature' student. to me the word 'mature' is synonymous with weird/old/loser. C'mon, admit it, when you had a 'mature' student in one of your classes you judged them a little bit. Maybe? Just a bit? Regardless, I am still excited. It's a new sub-culture! Meeting a whole new group of people, learning about a new industry, the terminology and ins and outs. I love being knowledgable about things! (I think that is why I am enjoying learning about wine at work). I just feel like it is an opening to so many new and different conversations and ways of thinking.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday." ~Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. that's great! what schools did you get into? what programs? i'm hoping i find out pretty soon too. keep your fingers crossed for me.

    ReplyDelete