Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people”

I know, I've been gone for quite a long time.

However, the other day my "boss" (I use quotation marks because she is much more than just a "boss") forwarded me a quote that has been on my mind ever since and has inspired me to write once again.
Hooray for the 10 people who periodically read my blog!
"There are two ways of being creative.
One can sing and dance.
Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish."

For someone who has spent the past seven years of their life going to school and trying to figure out where they fit into this big, scary world...clarification like this is priceless.
Clarification of my purpose.
Clarification of my career path.
Clarification of my place in the world.
And not just clarification...but inspiration.
A motto to live by.

As a person who identifies strongly with both the left and right side of the brain, my challenge has always been how to find something-a job, a calling, a profession, a career, a goal-to do that contributes to the greater good. How do I find a job that I enjoy, a job that challenges me and a job that makes a difference and leaves a legacy?

I started my educational journey thinking I would be a teacher, specifically a drama teacher. I would sculpt the minds of young children and inspire them to be better, kinder human beings. However, things didn't turn out that way...but I still wish to inspire people and now I know that I can do that in a number of ways, both in my personal and professional life.

I am extremely happy in my new job. It is the perfect balance of frivolity and conscientiousness. I may only stay with the company for a year...I may stay with them for 10 years, but at least I will know that I started my career in a place that is making a contribution to the coming generations.

Go forth, friends.
Learn. Inspire. Conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment