Saturday, November 21, 2009

“Unless I accept my virtues, I most certainly will be overwhelmed by my faults.”

Sometimes I find that my thoughts can shrink to the size of the space I am inhabiting. I feel them pressing down on me like invisible walls, moving slowly and yet causing me to double over onto myself...questioning my actions, my opinions and myself as a person.

When this happens I believe that you must get outside your space before the shrunken thoughts get bigger than you and end up suffocating. Only when you remove yourself from that space can you gain perspective and see the world for how big, beautiful, scary and alive it is. The worlds reality puts everything in perspective for you very quickly.

I lived such a small life today.

Eventually I forced myself to leave my space to get a little human interaction and stop myself from drowing in drama and self pity.

And that saved me.

1 comment:

  1. after reading your latest entry i had (and still have) this song stuck in my head...love u!

    You with the sad eyes
    Don't be discouraged
    Oh I realize
    It's hard to take courage
    In a world full of people
    You can lose sight of it all
    And the darkness inside you
    Can make you feel so small

    But I see your true colors
    Shining through
    I see your true colors
    And that's why I love you
    So don't be afraid to let them show
    Your true colors
    True colors are beautiful,
    Like a rainbow

    Show me a smile then,
    Don't be unhappy, can't remember
    When I last saw you laughing
    If this world makes you crazy
    And you've taken all you can bear
    You call me up
    Because you know I'll be there

    And I'll see your true colors
    Shining through
    I see your true colors
    And that's why I love you
    So don't be afraid to let them show
    Your true colors
    True colors are beautiful,
    Like a rainbow

    ReplyDelete