Saturday, September 12, 2009

"....this too shall pass...."


I am having a little bit of trouble adjusting to living alone again. Of course, for all intents and purposes I lived alone while I was in Florida but I always knew that friends were just a few steps away. And even though I have some really great friends in here I still find myself struggling. I'm doing a few things to distract myself...

1) is baking...a new and delicious hobby. I've made vanilla cupcakes (from scratch for the very first time), banana bread and sugar cookies so far. The only problem with this is that...then somebody has to eat all this stuff!

2) I've become a little obsessed with decorating my apartment/rearranging furniture. I am trying to surround myself with things that I love and things that make me happy. Therefore anytime I am sad I can just look up and focus on a chandelier (real or cut out) a candle, a picture or a pillow.

3) is finding new and exciting blogs to explore...I blame my new obsession on Gala Darling who inspired me to start this blog as well as continuing to search for beauty and light in this crazy world we call 'the internets'.

No comments:

Post a Comment