Sunday, August 23, 2009

“Everything popular is wrong.”

I find it intriguing that no matter how old you are or how secure you think you've become with yourself...you can still be made to feel horribly uncool. For the past few years I have been toying with the idea of fitting in with a certain crowd. I've observed these folks from a far, hanging around on the outskirts of their lives, making tiny changes in my personal style and attitude to bring me closer to their 'cool'. However, tonight, being surrounded by these mythical creatures I realized that they are no cooler than me. They are just people, in fact, up close they seem to be shockingly insecure and dysfunctional people. They might wear different clothes or listen to different music but what it boils down to is that we are all just black coffee. We all start out the same but its what you add that makes it different, not better, or worse...just different.





No comments:

Post a Comment