Friday, June 12, 2009

Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.



First off I would like to say that I am very grateful because everyday I get to work with people I love. However, this can often be as much a burden as it is a blessing.
Today I reached my breaking point. Over the past few weeks my co-workers have faced challenge after challenge head on, pulling together (for the most part) and doing incredible things. Perhaps that is why I am so disappointed now...after seeing that it was possible for everyone to pull together it is even more upsetting when people begin to take short cuts and disrespect their co-workers. Don't you have any pride in your work? I know that for most of us this is a job and not a career but I still don't understand how people can half-ass their work and walk out with their head held high.
How can you be proud of yourself? It's not like you are leaving extra work for some stranger...you're leaving it for your friends to do. You expect them to pick up the slack because you 'have plans' or are hung over etc. etc.
Haven't we seen what we can do when we all work together? Didn't that fill you with pride? Why can't we work like that all the time? What will it take to make us a team everyday?
"A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take."

No comments:

Post a Comment